[Ica-osgeo-labs] ICA-OSGeo Labs telemeeting summary

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 06:58:26 PDT 2013

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 13:59:27 +0100
Suchith Anand <Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,

Hi Suchith, all,

> I have now updated the meeting minutes of our yesterday's
> teleconference at
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ICA_OSGeo_Lab_Network_2013-09-05 Please
> check/modify anything I missed.
[..]

> Unfortunately we don't have any updates on the website which is a
> pity. I have put this as an urgent item on our agenda for our F2F
> meeting on 20th Sep at FOSS4G 2013. Thanks to Helena for building an
> excellent table for our network. It is pretty amazing so see the
> expanding list. I remember when we started the initiative one year
> back our aim was to setup 5 labs in 5 years! We now have 6 labs in
> the USA alone with 37 labs in total spread over the world. Thanks to
> all of you and great to see this. We will be having over 100 labs
> established worldwide this time next year and we need a good website
> in place to keep building the momentum. All ideas /suggestions
> welcome.
>
> Looking forward to seeing many of you at FOSS4G in just over a week's
> time at Nottingham

On my side, I'll make sure that the website redirect works as expected:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1128

I am confident that meeting the right people at the conference will
make this happen quicker - Luca provided the Labs' Leaflet map during
FOSS4G-CEE in a matter of hours :)

See you next week!

> Suchith

Anne