[Ica-osgeo-labs] ica-osgeo lab map update

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 17:33:56 PDT 2013

Hi everybody,
I just register myself to this mailing list because I would help the
ica-osgeo labs and osgeo-edu.
I worked on ica-osgeo lab map during foss4g-cee in Bucarest in July
and this morning I attended the educational BoF in Nottingham and I
spoke with Suchith about the update of the map.
So today I worked on it and now you could see the results:
- you can find the updated map at this url [0] and find the source code here [1]
- I updated all the coordinates in the wiki page [2], please fill the
missing (use geographical coordinate longitude and latitude)
- I create a Python script to update the geojson file used in the map,
you can find the script in the tar.gz archive, it read the table of
the wiki page and take information, as coordinates and name from it

Now the page should improved with some text and move in another place,
I have no problem to keep it on my server, but I think should be
better to move it somewhere else.
I also read the Helena is working on a map, please reuse what is
necessary for your and keep in touch to improve the ica-osgeo lab map.
I think for now should it's all, see you soon

[0] http://lucadelu.org/ica-osgeo-lab/
[1] http://lucadelu.org/ica-osgeo-lab.tar.gz
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#2.29_Continue_to_expand_the_ICA-OSGeo_Network

--