[Ica-osgeo-labs] University of Colorado Denver FOSS4G Lab Spring 2015 Speaker Series

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Sun Feb 15 11:58:57 PST 2015

OSGEO Folks,

This is a great offer by Jeff who has deep knowledge of GIS software technology (MapServer), and someone who walks the walk for 'open source geospatial' with his life! I'm sure he knows the nightmares as well as the joys of open source geo. Jeff is a fountain of real-world experience in this critical realm of GIS information sharing.

I am a geologist, or was at one time. My thesis involved computer modeling but am no software engineer. That said, and greatly inspired by Jeff, I too am glad to be available to discuss the importance of OSGEO principles.

And if you had the view Jeff does of the North Atlantic from his home,
you wouldn't mind the cold he endures at the moment!

-Patrick
 Patrick.Hogan at nasa.gov
 Project Manager
 NASA World Wind