[Ica-osgeo-labs] Urban Science - City analytics - thematic labs

Jeremy Morley Jeremy.Morley at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 16 08:03:17 PST 2015

Dear all,

I'm a bit late to the party, sorry, it's been a hectic couple of weeks.

Here at the University of Nottingham we have an activity just ramping up
in the area of city sustainability covering a range of disciplinary points
of view from the physical sciences aspects of flux balances and entropy
modelling through to the socio-political and economic systems. While I'm
leaving this university at the end of March, there will be continuing
development here. I've copied in Dr Ant Beck who is the researcher who
will be developing the data and modelling environment for the centre, and
Dr Doreen Boyd who will be leading the relevant work package. I'm sure
they will be interested at least in tracking and hopefully contributing to
a wider open source environment for such work.

Regards,
Jeremy

(Apologies if some of you get repeated copies - I'm not sure who is not
included in the email list!)

Jeremy Morley
Geospatial Science Theme Leader, Nottingham Geospatial Institute,
Triumph Road, University of Nottingham. NG7 2TU, United Kingdom.
Web:   http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ngi     Twitter: jeremy_morley
Tel.:  +44/0 115 84 68411
Email: jeremy.morley at nottingham.ac.uk