[Ica-osgeo-labs] Please send the url of the course/program with your nomination

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 01:15:40 PST 2015

Colleagues,

Please remember to send the url of the course/program with you nomination  for the "Geo for All Educator of the Year" as it will greatly help us get more info. As we want to make this as inclusive as possible( different levels/medium/language etc )but as long as we get the website of the course, it doesnt matter if what type/level/medium etc , we can look through the website and get more ideas of the program than by looking at a spreadsheet with 20 fields.

Let me try to explain this with some examples.  If the nominator send the info on the  website of the course. like the Summer School in Open GIS initiative (Spain), gvSIG Batovi (Uruguay), Geo Academy (US) or GIS for Schools (Poland). All of them are tailored to different levels/medium/language etc but as long as we get the website of the course, we can look through the website and get more ideas of the course .

http://www.sigte.udg.edu/summerschool2013/

If it is an online program like that done by GeoAcademy as long as we get the url https://foss4geo.wordpress.com it is great info to get an overview.

gvSIG Batovi (is in Spanish) and focussed on school education but if we get the website it is great source of info

http://www.ceibal.edu.uy/art%C3%ADculo/noticias/docentes/gvsigbatoviresumen

GIS at School http://edugis.pl/en/for-teachers/guide

I also understand  that for some courses/programs in developing countries there might not be website, but that is no problem in sending your nomination as long as you send the details to us. We want to make it as flexible as possible to accomodate the wide needs and make this as inclusive as possible.

I also encourage you and all others to add/modify the wiki site for http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geoforall_educatoroftheyear based on your ideas to help improve this . I leave it to Charlie (as the chair of the committee) to come up with the ideas for setting up the voting etc to select the program which the Award Committee majority thinks as "Educator of the year". Please note all of them are winners and aim is to honour all contributions to Open education efforts in our domain. We will publish all received nominations in our website to honour all contributions.

So please send in your nominations.

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.