[Ica-osgeo-labs] Urban Science - City Analytics - NEW IDEA

Mueller, Thomas Mueller at calu.edu
Wed Feb 25 05:23:59 PST 2015

Hello everyone.

I would also add public safety issues.  Some cities are now releasing their crime data to the public including Baltimore and Philadelphia.  Unfortunately I do not have the expertise in programming language that I should (I know enough Python to be dangerous).  I am working on it.  However I still want to help.

I really like Charlie’s ideas for the grant.  The one  change that I would make is: Develop parallel "flipped, Team Based learning, Service learning" classes or workshops run at the same time/semester across a network of campuses

It may be difficult to get different universities on a similar time table for classes.  However  I could have my students sign up for directed study or work with them in a less structured way to move this along.

Just my two cents
Tom

Thomas R. Mueller, Ph.D., GISP
Advisor: Geography Major with GIS and Emergency Management Concentration
Co - Director: Pennsylvania View
Department of Earth Sciences, California University of Pennsylvania
"A man never gets to this station in life without being helped, aided, shoved, pushed and prodded to do better." - Johnny Unitas