[Ica-osgeo-labs] Urban Science - City Analytics - NEW IDEA

Chris Pettit cpettit at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Feb 25 05:07:42 PST 2015

Hi All,

Yes great to see all of the activity happening

Big thanks to Suchith for setting up the Wiki.

Welcome Alexander, to the group, great to have a University Campus GIS Architect involved.

I am about to move to University of New South to take up the inaugural Chair of Urban Science and I will find out if they using GIS for their Campus, I suspect they are.

Charlie, great I like your idea about the educational grant proposal to support our network. Would be keen to be involved if possible.

Sorry, grant writing season here so won’t have much time to contribute much to the group for the next week or so then I should have my head above water and time to get into the Wiki.

Wrt to IBM not sure how open source they are but we could contact them and see if they are interested. I have got some good contacts in the Smart Cities program.

Regards

Chris