[Geo4All] [Foss4g-academic] Fwd: FOSS4G Boston: call for Academic (and not only) reviewers

Luciene Delazari luciene at ufpr.br
Mon Mar 27 17:09:33 PDT 2017

Hi Charlie, All,

I am the Editor of  Bulletin of Geodetic Sciences -  a Brazilian Journal,
Open Access, peer-reviewed
(http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_serial
<http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_serial&pid=1982-2170&lng=en&nrm=
iso> &pid=1982-2170&lng=en&nrm=iso) . This Journal is indexed in Scopus,
Scielo and some other databases.

We have most of the content being published in English and since 2016 only
papers written in English are accepted.

We could arrange a special issue with selected papers from the conference.
We can also have some guest editors for this issue if you prefer.

Regards

Luciene Delazari

Luciene S. Delazari

Head of the Geodetic Science Program

Editor of Bulletin of Geodetic Sciences

Department of Geomatics

Federal University of Paraná

(+55 41)3361-3637

Hi Michael, All:

*Wonderful* to see Ashley working in this role -- as a former graduate from
my program at UMass Amherst I can say she is a wonderful, bright and
talented individual!

This year I've been unexpectedly put in a position directing our new School
of Public Policy at UMass, so I've unfortunately not had the bandwidth to
help the LOC the way I would have liked. Sorry Michael, Guido, Andy, others
! :-/

But I'd be happy to step in to co-lead the academic review with one or two
others...

@Helena, Maria, Andy, others -- anyone want to join me as a co-organizer?

1) I might be able to get a paper review system established through our
Library's institutional repository.

2) Also, as a default, we might be able to use our Institutional Repository
to create and distribute a Conference Proceedings. I did this a couple times
prior for doctoral consortia where we got an ISBN # and self published it.
That could be our default. The other ideas might be to publish under the
OSGeo Journal banner, or best, would be that we establish a contract with a
geo-journal.

Question to the group: Does anyone have a connection to a geo-related
peer-reviewed journal that we could reach out to about whether they'd be
interested in having a special issue of conference proceedings?

Cheers,

Charlie Schweik