[Geo4All] Open Educational Resources on OSGeo / Open Science 101

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 02:28:54 PST 2022

Hi Peter, all

I am just noting that the OSGeo  / Geo4All resources list here:
https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/geo-for-all/in-your-classroom/

...is out of date. All links to GST101 through 105 end in a parked
domain, and the software versions are properly out of date by now
anyway. Perhaps it is time for an update!

Putting my OSGeo director hat on it would be great to refresh this
community resource; and add a little more to include dealing with open
data - standards, licensing.

Does Geo4all have resources to make this happen - to maintain and
periodically update this set of materials? Is it a priority? Are more
resources needed?

Speaking as a long term open science practitioner it is something I
could offer (paid) capacity to help with - or, can put time towards if
my next role is closely aligned to developing geo-teaching-stuff. Of
course a lot of people already have stable careers doing exactly this
stuff, and material ready to go - so they're the first port of call,
and I hope this email list is a good way to find them :)

Cheers

Adam