[geomoose-psc] Proper way of incrementing the version in Git?

Dan Little theduckylittle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:05:47 PDT 2016

On one of my projects, the "Makefile" takes a version string in and
all of the compiled templates/javascript/css get that version placed
in the file. The repository does not contain any of the compiled
versions of the code.

On another, "master" is never used and Dev happens in a different
branch at almost all times.  We don't do semantic versioning for that
project.  Versions are time based as we release new versions
quarterly.