[geomoose-psc] Publishing the Ledger

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 07:25:15 PST 2017

Thoughts:

A plain text format might be better suited with git.  Org would be ideal
(it can save formulas and recalculate like spreadsheets) except for most of
the magic only works in emacs, and despite emacs clearly being the one true
editor, I realize not everyone is ready to accept that yet.  But, some
other format like CSV or markdown table could work too.  Mostly, I'd like
to be able to use diff/blame to make it easy to audit who changed what when.

The geomoose.org server is only sporatically backed up right now (mostly
before and after larger system config changes and GeoMoose releases).  I
have been assuming the day to day changes are covered by what is on github
and people's local clones.  Thus is this isn't living on github, we should
be extra sure we are maintaining a separate  copies (that are kept up to
date) off server.

I have no problem with git over ssh (or git over email).  That is how it
was designed to work in the first place.  We could go as simple as using
the geomoose account or even easily setup gitolite.

We should maybe look at using GPG signed commits (git commit -S) for this
repo.