[geomoose-psc] Feedback in testing PROJ v5.0.0 with GeoMOOSE

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Feb 24 15:56:38 PST 2018

Hi all,

I have been testing the RC5 package of the upcoming PROJ 5.0.0 release
(http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2018-February/008045.html) on
Windows in the MS4W environment (with MapServer-branch-7-0 and GDAL 2.2.3).

I was shocked when I loaded the GM3 demo in my browser and saw a totally
blank/white opening map image!!!?! (the normally green line layer of
parcels, from demo/parcels/parcels.map, did not appear)

I was stuck on that too long, wondering if I was somehow using the wrong
API for this new PROJ (see upcoming release notes at bottom of
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2018-February/007966.html), and
going down many rabbit holes with logs etc.

In the end.....if I zoom out then of course the parcels appear.

Can someone else confirm this?  (it could of course only be happening in
my environment)

Does the stock GM3-demo opening map image appear normal for you, using
PROJ 5.0.0 RC5 ?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

(and now i can have a weekend, this was bugging me too much, ha!)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/