[geomoose-psc] RFC for 2020 Budget

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 13:00:43 PST 2020

Jody here,

I usually try to do 1/2 fundraising and 1/2 OSGeo budget for project
activities. The “norm” started last year was to provide 2k operational
budget to any project that asked - just to get folks used to the idea of
thinking ahead.

Keep in mind that the board has a separate budget for code sprints, and
groups like GeoForAll and Marketing committee have budget to help with
other activities.
—
Jody

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 2:13 PM Brian Fischer <bfischer at houstoneng.com>
wrote:

> Just a question on the budget.  What is the norm for OSGEO’s budget to
> projects?  Seems like the $800 for documentation and $500 for group event
> won’t go very far.  Wondering if we don’t try to request more like $2,500
> or $3,000 and then have them tell us that is two much and they will only
> give a lesser amount.  Thoughts?
>

> I would also suggest putting a little more detail in what the money would
> be used for.  It seems like this would give us a better chance at getting
> the money.
>

> *Brian Fischer*
>
> Project Manager - GIS  |  Principal
>
> Houston Engineering, Inc.
>
> *O* 763.493.4522 | *D* 763.493.6664 | *F* 763.493.5572

Jody Garnett