[geomoose-psc] RFC for 2020 Budget

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Jan 10 14:35:49 PST 2020

In my experience, you just need to ask with a plan, and unless it’s way out oforder they will tend to grant your request.

For example, two years ago, I actually put in for $5k, but we could never follow through with grabbing the money at the time, but that number did end up in the buget request to the board.  Now, having said that, this was when they board was doling out the funds on request, vs dividing it up like now.  There does exist some wiggle room and if we can justify for a planned expense, it will go though.

There is also the channel of geeting some funds for the TCMUG (OSGeo local chapter) as well, which will be around the same amount of dollars.  We’ve been meeting regularly, and even started talking about formalizing the meeting a bit more with more demo, instructional stuff happening.

bobb