[geomoose-psc] do we want to add discourse forum?

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Dec 27 08:35:40 PST 2023

Hi all,

See below.  I'm a little uncertain but I think the question is, "do we want a discourse forum server for GeoMoose?"

For me the important part is that we don't leave users abandoned somewhere which raises the question, do any or several of us want to engage on a discourse forum?  The mirroring option does not send discourse replies to the email list so I don't think that "both" is an option.

Personally my preference is to take this option, "Opt to not migrate or mirror the mailing list" which is to say, not have a discourse forum and keep user questions and interaction on the email list (or github issues).  I think that this is also the default option which requires no action.  If we don't otherwise come to a decision, this should be on the next PSC agenda.

Best regards, Eli