[Geomoose-users] [GeoMOOSE users] reference map

Scott Oatley swoatley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:08:15 EST 2008

Questions about the reference map...

1. Is there a way to display a layer in the reference map, but not the map
display area?

2. Any way to separately set the min and max display scales for a reference
layer? In an app I'm working on, I've set minor roads to only display below
some max [mapserver] scale. The problem is I'd like the minor roads to show
up in the reference map without having to zoom in sor far. For example, if
maxscale is 1:40,000, and my reference map multiplier is 8, I have to
zoom-in in the map display to 1:5,000 before the minor roads show up in the
reference map. But I'd prefer they displayed in the reference map when
zoom-in to say, 1:25,000.

3. I'd like to have a reference map with different functionality. Any way to
do the following? In the reference map, display a fixed image. As I zoom
in/out in the map display, vary the size of the "inner" box in the reference
map, rather than also zooming inside the reference map.

-Scott