[Geomoose-users] raster specs/speed of GeoMOOSE demo

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
Wed May 7 17:08:27 EDT 2008

Hi Zack,

I assume you are talking about the aerial photo WMS source and USGS topo
quad WMS source that is in the state demo application.  That WMS was
published by LMIC
(http://www.lmic.state.mn.us/chouse/wms_image_server_description.html).
I don't know all the details of the architecture, but I agree it is the
faster I have ever seen.  I do know it is built with MySQL and some C
programming code.  There has been some talk about trying to make this
architecture available, but I don't know where that is.  I'm not sure if
anyone from LMIC is on this list or not, but they may be able to speak
more about it.  Hope this helps,
Brian

Brian Fischer
Houston Engineering, Inc.