[Geomoose-users] Special characters - "sh", "ch", "zh" - Central European symbols - part 2

Matej matej at matnet.net
Mon Nov 3 15:36:11 EST 2008

Hi,

I have been further investigating this issue and I am out of ideas what to do. Let me explain more. I have data with those symbols in a MapInfo (.TAB file has the entry !charset WindowsLatin2 for charset definition). As I mentioned before, MapServer returns correct data and when I open it in the different browser everything is displayed as it should be.
But when the results are open in the div inside geomoose, it is always (and I mean always) displayed in utf-8 encoding. I have found out that it is typical behaveour for setRequestHeader to always return data in utf-8. I tried adding "charset=iso-8859-2" to those two setRequestHeader calls, but I get no different results.
Now I don't know if I should also write on the MapServer's mailing list if there is a chance to convert the data from mode=nquery to specified encoding since I think that I MUST get the results of the query in utf-8 from Mapserver otherwise this won't work. But searching around, there is no option for that.

Maybe there is a way of replacement some characters before displaying them?

Thank you for any help in advance,
Matej Serc
matej at matnet.net