[Geomoose-users] Special characters - "sh", "ch", "zh" - Central European symbols - part 2

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
Mon Nov 3 15:48:37 EST 2008

Matej,

I think this would be a question for the mapserver mailing list.  I have
never used international characters so I have no experience with them.
I wonder if it is an issue with the MapInfo format. I do know mapserver
encodes the attributes for HTML, but will leave them as is if you do
something like this:

[DBASE item name],[DBASE item name_esc],[DBASE item name_raw]

Item name from the attribute table of a queried layer. Only attributes
for the active query layers are accessible. Case must be the same as
what is stored in the DBASE file. ArcView, for example, uses all caps
for shapefile field names. Available only when processing query results.

By default the attributes are encoded especially for HTML
representation. In addition the escaped version (for use in URLs) as
well as the raw data is available.

This is from the mapserver website under the template reference guide
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/templatereference/reference
manual-all-pages).  Maybe it won't do this for MapInfo files.

Just an idea,

Brian

Brian Fischer

Houston Engineering, Inc.