[Geomoose-users] Address search Redux

Blaine Hackett blaine at gisrangers.com
Tue Nov 4 11:11:54 EST 2008

Sorry for the repost but I had not heard anything and I can't seem to figure
this out.  It is pretty important to be able to search an address and
searching with a number and allowing the user to pick the road name I think
is the best way to go.

If someone could just point me in the right direction I can take it from
there. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Blaine

SEE ORIGINAL TEXT BELOW
I need to create and address search for GeoMoose. I have done this before
with regular mapserver but can't get it to work with GeoMoose and I thought
someone might have an idea what I am doing wrong.

Essentially I am using an input field for the address number and a dropdown
for the street name. Once the user submits this the two are concatenated and
it searches the field with the address.

I have tried it two ways. Neither works but I get different results.

The first way was to use the same syntax I have used before and just add it
to the appropriate geomoose files.

Here is the syntax for the first way which breaks and tells me it can't find
the querylayer:
----
theproject.html file:
Input House Number: <input type="text" name="number"/><br>

Select Street: <select name="street"/>
<option value="NASHUA AVE NE" [NASHUA AVE NE_select]> NASHUA AVE
</select>
<INPUT TYPE="submit" value="Search"><br>
<input type="hidden" name="map"
value="/ms4w/apps/GeoMOOSE/maps_otsego/itemquery.map"/>
<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="nquery">
---
itemquery.map
LAYER # Parcels Polygon Layer
NAME 'ParcelAddressSearch'
DATA 'landrecords/parcels.shp'
STATUS DEFAULT
TYPE POLYGON
TEMPLATE 'landrecords/itemquery_address.html'
FILTERITEM 'TPADDR1'
FILTER "%number% %street%"
END

Here is the second way which says it is retrieving but just locks up the
browser.
----
xxx.html file:
Input House Number: <input type="text" name="number"/><br>

Select Street: <select name="street"/>
<option value="NASHUA AVE NE" [NASHUA AVE NE_select]> NASHUA AVE
</select>
<INPUT TYPE="submit" value="Search"><br>
<input type="hidden" name="map"
value="/ms4w/apps/GeoMOOSE/maps_otsego/itemquery.map"/>
<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="itemquery">
<input type="hidden" name="qlayer" value="ParcelAddressSearch">
---
itemquery.map
LAYER # Parcels Polygon Layer
NAME 'ParcelAddressSearch'
DATA 'landrecords/parcels.shp'
STATUS DEFAULT
TYPE POLYGON
TEMPLATE 'landrecords/itemquery_address.html'
FILTERITEM 'TPADDR1'
FILTER "%number% %street%"
END

Thanks for any help you can give me