[Geomoose-users] [Geomoose-developers] MySQL SOLVED........

Jay Kapalczynski jkapalczynski at ci.maple-grove.mn.us
Fri Nov 7 13:50:57 EST 2008

If any of you out there are interested, with the help of Nelson (thanks again) I was successful in getting MySQL installed on my computer, a user created and then linked this database up to GeoMOOSE.

Reason:
I am using Access to capture XY locations from a GPS unit
In Access I am updating a Table that is in MySQL
I then use GeoMOOSE to plot these XY locations in the map...if you were wireless it would be live every refresh

Could lead into vehicle tracking

Download and Install three files from MySQL

Files:

 *   Install Community Server first
    *   http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html#downloads
 *   Then install GUI Tools
    *   http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html
 *   Download and install the ODBC Driver
    *   http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/5.1.html
 *   Create a new User in the Database and give privleges
 *   Set up an ODBC to the database

Connect up to GeoMOOSE and retrieve data

Three things have to be set to use this data in GeoMOOSE:

 *   Create .ovf file
 *   Create a new Map file
 *   Modify the MapleGrove_demo.xml file

Create the .ovf file.

Create a new txt file and rename it to "Coordinatedata.ovf"
Please the file in " C:\ms4w\apps\GeoMOOSE\Maple_Grove_GeoMoose\Databases" or where ever you are storing the map file for the database
Add this code:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="Coordinatedata">
        <SrcDataSource>MYSQL:coordinates_database,user=User name in Database,password=Passowrd to database,host=127.0.0.1,port=3306,tables=coordinates</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcSQL>SELECT X,Y FROM coordinates</SrcSQL>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
                                <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="X" y="Y"/>
                </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

*         Coordinates_database is the database name in MySQL
*         User and password set for a specific user
*         Host - local machine so 127.0.0.1
*         Port was assigned on install
*         Next is the SQL SELECT Statement
*         Geometry sets to a point
*         Geometry Field assigns XY to fields

Create the Map File...create a new map file and add this code.  Save it somewhere...save the above ovf file in the same location

MAP
                NAME 'Database'
                SIZE 800 650
                STATUS ON
                EXTENT 189783.560000 4816309.330000 761653.524114 5472346.500000
                UNITS METERS
                FONTSET '../fonts/fontset.list'
                SYMBOLSET '../symbols/symbol.sym'
                TRANSPARENT TRUE
                IMAGETYPE PNG

                QUERYMAP
                                STATUS ON
                                STYLE SELECTED
                END

                WEB
                                  INCLUDE "/ms4w/apps/GeoMOOSE/Maple_Grove_GeoMoose/web_config.map"
                END

                LEGEND
                                                STATUS ON
                END

LAYER # Points from the MySQL Database
    NAME Database                                                                 # MATCHES THE MAPBOOK IN THE demo.xml FILE
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE POINT
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION './Coordinatedata.ovf'                                 # THIS IS THE NAME OF THE ovf FILE
    DATA 'Coordinatedata'                                       # THIS IS THE NAME OF THE FUNCTION INSIDE THE ovf FILE
    CLASS
       #NAME "ID"
           STYLE
               SYMBOL "circle"
               SIZE 40
               COLOR 0 100 100
           END
    END
END
END ## end Map

MODIFY THE MapleGrove_demo.xml file...call the map file created above to draw the points

   <map title="Database" default="true" reference="false">
                <file>/ms4w/apps/GeoMOOSE/Maple_Grove_GeoMoose/Databases/Coordinate_Points_8bit.map</file>
  </map>