[Geomoose-users] Security and GeoMoose

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Apr 2 10:59:54 EDT 2009

I'd say it's more of an enhancement for GM 2.0.  And I'm not even sure its possible.

  While it is possible to have all relative links in the .js reference a GEOMOOSE_ROOT (e.g. var XSL_RESULTS = GEOMOOSE_ROOT+'xsl/results.xsl';), I don't know if it can be done in the .HTML.  I suppose you could code absolute paths in the .HTML (<link href="/GEOMOOSE_ROOT/shared/styles.css"  rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>), then add an alias for GEOMOOSE_ROOT in the Web Server.   Hmmm, maybe the .HTML doesn't matter as I can change those few links by hand for a particular site anyways.

  In dealing with my security implementation below, the problem I had was with the relative paths used
through out the "compiled" GeoMoose JavaScript.  I could have changed them , but then upgrading the site (if there was ever a GM 1.7.0) would be a pain.  The solution would be to have a GEOMOOSE_ROOT set in the config.js (and have it set by default to "./"), and have all the GeoMoose JavaScript use GEOMOOSE_ROOT+ instead of hardcoding the relative path.

Thanks!
Brent Fraser