[Geomoose-users] Saving lines and points, mapext and mapsize missing?

Matej matej at matnet.net
Thu Apr 2 06:49:49 EDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to have a simple method of saving lines and points that users
drew into a shp of any other format on the server. It doesn't matter if
every object is in a new file (for now, after that my plans are to add every
object into a PostGIS database) so I guess it should be a pretty simple
solution.

When I looked at the createDrawing.php call and its' response in the
Firebug, I saw this part of the created mapbook:
"renderWKT.php?mapext=%EXTENTS%&mapsize=%SIZE%&title
=blablabla&linewidth=10&linecolor=255 0 0&fillcolor=0 255
0&symbol=circle&wkt=POINT......"

Is it normal that extents and mapsize are missing? When I open the renderWKT
with those parameters directly, I get
Fatal error: [MapServer Error]: setExtent(): Given map extent is invalid.
Check that it is in the form: minx, miny, maxx, maxy in
/path_to_gm/php/renderWKT.php on line 47. What should I change to get those
two values inside a call?

The second part of the question is: what would be the best option to save
points and lines - maybe Dan Little, whose code is that for drawing in
Geomoose?

Thanks a lot,
Matej