[Geomoose-users] Charset encoding for Windows 1256

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Apr 20 00:25:33 EDT 2009

You've probably done this already, but there are some good hints at things to try in this list out from google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=arabic+enocoding+mapserver&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

bobb

>>> "Moh.Maher" <mohmaher at hotmail.com> 04/19/09 5:24 AM >>>
Hi All,

I know it's an old question but I really need to solve that.

Whenever I use the query or identify function inside Geomoose for an Arabic charset (encoding Windows 1256) database records.

I always get it displayed in the side panel as unknown characters (snapshot attached), maybe Geomoose is dealing with it as Unicode.

So my question is :-
How can I display correctly the Arabic (encoding windows 1256 characters) within the side panel. ??

Thanx in advance.

Best Regards,

Moh.Maher