[Geomoose-users] Charset encoding for Windows 1256

Moh.Maher mohmaher at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 20 02:39:32 EDT 2009

Bobb,

Thank you very much for your answer.
But I want to say that the problem has nothing with Mapserver as I tried
Mapserver without Geomoose and the records were returned in the right
encoding.
Maybe it is from the server side script (PHP) Geomoose is using .
Yes I'm using Windows.
You can see some good Arabic characters in the snapshot because those are
just headers (field names) already identified in the identify.html and this
html was saved in Unicode format.  (if I save the identify.html in Arabic
Windows 1256 it will display  wrong characters)

But the attributes pulled from the database are not displaying correctly as
I described before.
I'm not using any special PHP script .. I'm following the same Geomoose
application.
Any Ideas ??

By the way the links that you have sent me are solving another issue which
is the Arabic labeling in Mapserver and this is a different problem that was
solved before.

Best Regards,

Moh.Maher