[Geomoose-users] Any plans to make View Extents a service?

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstoneng.com
Tue Feb 24 15:52:31 EST 2009

The funny thing is we had this as a part of the xml mapbook, but we
moved in into the config.js file in version 1.4 for performance reasons.
When it was in the .xml file it caused the application to load slow when
you have a big list of zoom to items.

Unfortunately I don't think there would be a way to configure GM 1.6 to
do this without hacking a bunch of code.  The only way I can think of is
to store a separate config.js file for each of your users.

I will throw out that in GM 2.0 we are planning on moving that back into
the .xml file and Dan's vision is to only have one configuration file
that is the XML map book.

Brian Fischer
Houston Engineering, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN