[Geomoose-users] (Partial SUM) RE:Problem with Rasters

Matthew D. Syvertson msyvertson at co.richland.nd.us
Mon Jul 27 17:46:43 EDT 2009

I would like to thank Mark Voltz for the giving me a sample map file to
use in successfully displaying of this imagery.  He did, however, warn
of performance issues with large files and suggest I get help with
"tiling" this imagery.  It is very slow, and I would like to and would
like to find someone that could help with a resource to learn how to
tile this imagery.

I am including the new mapfile that works.

Thanks in advance.

Matt Syvertson
Richland County GIS Coordinator
418 2nd Ave N
Wahpeton, ND 58075
msyvertson at co.richland.nd.us <mailto:matthews at co.richland.nd.us>
Voice: 701-642-7860  Fax: 701-642-7746

MAP
	NAME '2005_Richland_County'
	STATUS ON
	IMAGETYPE JPEG
	TRANSPARENT TRUE
	Projection  #Of the Map
		        	"proj=lcc"
		   	'lat_1=46.18333333333333'
			'lat_2=47.48333333333333'
			'lat_0=45.66666666666666'
			'lon_0=-100.5'
			'x_0=600000.0000000001'
			'y_0=0'
			'ellps=GRS80'
			'datum=NAD83'
			'to_meter=0.3048006096012192'
			'no_defs'
		            "units=ft"
		        	"no_defs"
   	END #projection
  	LAYER
    	      NAME '2005_Richland_County'
    	      DATA 'Richland.sid'
    	      STATUS DEFAULT
    	      TYPE RASTER
		PROJECTION #UTM-14N (projection of the data)
			"init=epsg:26914"
		END #projection
  	END #LAYER
 END ## end Map