[Geomoose-users] Symbol creation?

Johan Forsman Johan.Forsman at LA.GOV
Mon Oct 5 16:19:56 EDT 2009

Hello All:

I have studied the documentation regarding creating one's own symbols, specifically for hydrography. With tips collected from a little bit of everywhere I was able to create a very nice representation for intermittent streams but am having limited success creating one to represent a human-made canal.

For the intermittent stream I used

SYMBOL # Three dots, one line
	NAME "dash3dot2"
	TYPE ellipse
	POINTS 1 1 END
	FILLED true
	PATTERN 1 5 1 5 1 5 12 5 END
END

For the human-made canal I want something that looks similar to a repeating "T", as in

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I did try to use a T from the Arial family, but two issues came up: 1) There were spaces between the letters; and 2) The letters did not turn with the lines but where always upright.

Thanks!
Johan.

Johan Forsman, M.Sc.
Geologist
Safe Drinking Water Program
Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
Office of Public Health
Telephone: 225.342.7309
Telefax: 225.342.7303