[Geomoose-users] Selective layer controls?

Johan Forsman Johan.Forsman at LA.GOV
Thu Aug 12 11:28:41 EDT 2010

Hello All:

On GM 2.2, is there a way to have the layer controls turned off in the mapbook but still enable the metadata control?

I like having the overall cleaner look of auto-expanding the legend when a layer is selected, but hiding it all otherwise, so I have set catalog.show_controls=false and am using the show-legend feature in the catalog definition. However this also removes any metadata links.

Ideally I'd like to have the metadata icon (blue question mark) show inline with the layer title in the catalog rather than on the next row, while hiding the legend show/hide control and auto-expanding any legend as the layer is turned on.

I did find the catalog-controls-container setting in catalog.css, which leads to another question: Is there a brief guide available describing how to use the css-files to "tweak" the look of the catalog, such as getting things to align "just right" in both rows and columns? Any GM-specific keyword dictionary? Any advice here is most welcome.

Thanks!

Johan Forsman
Geologist
Safe Drinking Water Program
Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
Office of Public Health
Telephone: 225.342.7309
Telefax: 225.342.7303