[Geomoose-users] Measure Tool

Len Kne lkne at houstoneng.com
Mon Aug 16 10:59:45 EDT 2010

Hi Paul

One way to get around this is to use the navigation buttons and slider that are on the map itself.  You can use those to pan and zoom without removing control from the measure tool.

Getting this functionality to work with the toolbar tools would be a bit of work.  Each tool that interacts with the map is a control and only one control can be active at a time (for example, you could not have zoom and pan on at the same time because GeoMOOSE would not know what to do with your mouse movements).  It would be possible to come up with key combinations which change the control behavior (for example holding the control key while measuring allows free-hand drawing) to do what you are looking for, but that would require people knowing about these special combinations.  The trend in web maps seems to be towards fewer controls.  The trend seems to be towards fewer controls, removing Pan from the toolbar might be one option so people have to use the on-map navigation buttons.

Len