[Geomoose-users] Performance issues

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 10:13:09 EDT 2010

To really get an advantage from tiling you'll need to setup a WMS TileCaching
system, like oh..., TileCache. :)  Without doing that you'll be slowing the
application down because MapServer will need to read the dataset, render the
data, and return an image for EVERY tile requst.

This gets to be particularly noticeable when you're drawing things like water
features as they have very complex boundaries.