[Geomoose-users] Performance issues

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Aug 2 20:29:02 EDT 2010

Jeff,

  I only started to look into WMS tiling, so I'm guessing.  I expect that
OpenLayers is requesting multiple images (tiles) from mapserver instead
of just one [larger] image.  If you had some sort of file caching
enabled on the server, you would see a performance improvement
(especially if your mapserver map files had only one or two layers), as
the file server would return the previously rendered image instead of
asking mapserver to [re]generate it.  Have a look at tilecache.org?

Brent