[Geomoose-users] GM 2.4 RC1, Mapserver 6.0 beta 5

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Fri Apr 8 14:34:09 EDT 2011

I just downloaded the latest versions of GeoMoose 2.4 RC1 for MS4W and MS4W
3.0.2.   I also updated MS4W to use Mapserver 6.0 beta5.   A few quick
notes/questions I ran into:

The GM demo showed a pink screen when first accessed.  To make the demo
work, I had to do two things, thought the legends are off.  In
geomoose_globals.map, change the OUTPUTFORMAT of jpeg to 'AGG/JPG', as
GD/JPEG did not seem to be working (error: loadOutputFormat(): General error
message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause references driver GD/JPEG, but this driver
isn't configured.)  I couldn't tell if GD is being removed from MS6 or not.

I also had to comment out the GAP and STYLE elements in symbol.sym.
Apparently, STYLE was renamed to PATTERN and moved up to the STYLE section.
GAP was also moved to the STYLE section.  (
http://mapserver.org/trunk/mapfile/symbol.html)

GM 2.4 ships with OpenLayers 2.8 but MS4W ships with OpenLayers 2.10.  (I
think OSGeo4W ships with OL 2.9 or 2.10.)   I pointed the GM demo to OL2.10
and  received this error: "olDiv is null".  Not that they have to match but
could/should GM ship with OL2.10?

As far as GeoMoose goes, and assuming all of my data are local, does it
matter if my own data layers are Mapserver layers or WMS layers created by
Mapserver?  Some of my data will be served as individual WMS layers anyway.
This is proabbly more of a Mapserver/mapscript question though.

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware