[Geomoose-users] how to install geomoose?

Nitin Gadia nittyjee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 15:36:59 EDT 2011

Help!

The directions have some serious problems:

*First of all, the instructions at the wiki appear to be identical to these
instructions, which are WAY easier on the eyes, along with screenshots:
- Wiki:
http://www.geomoose.org/wiki/index.php/Installation#Windows_Installation_Guide
- Identical better format: http://www.geomoose.org/docs/install_ms4w.html

*It says not to use "MS4W 3.0 beta 10 and GeoMOOSE, we recommend that you
use MS4W 2.3.1"
- looking in the history here, it was upgraded from "beta 10" on 4/20/10,
and it is into "version 3.03" as of 7/12/11":
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=HISTORY.txt

*I download the following files:
- MS4W: http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/
- GeoMOOSE 2.4 for MS4W - Web Mercator Demo:
http://geomoose.org/info/download.html

*The files are different from what it explains in the instructions. I ended
up merging the folders that were in the geomoose folder with what was in the
MS4W folder, and when I typed in [http://localhost/] nothing showed up.

What do I need to do??

Nitin