[Geomoose-users] Identify Feture not working on layers

neslonotnilc clinton at co.emery.ut.us
Wed Aug 10 15:45:05 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am doing an upgrade from a 1.x geomoose install.  I have my esri layers
showing up in geomoose, but when I try to do an identify on the layers I
only return the default X and Y coordinate template.  I have looked through
the wiki, the online forum, and online searches and tried to make my data
fit with what is presented but I still can't get identify to work.  Also a
wierd thing that happens when I try to do a identify I get 1kb PNG files
that populate the folder that contains the layer mapbook file.  Please point
me in the right direction.  The identify tool is great for what we are
trying to do with Geomoose, but if it is temperamental then maybe I should
stick with the working 1.x install.  Only problem with that is some of the
features don't work in the newer browsers.  Thanks.  Clinton

This is what I have in the mapbook.xml file:

<service name="identify" title="Identify" display="false">
<url>php/identify.php</url>
<step type="spatial" name="shape" line="false" polygon="false"
jump-start="true" default="point">
<input type="visiblelayers" name="layers"/>
</step>
</service>
__________

<tool name="identify" title="Identify" type="service" service="identify"/>

__________

In the layer mapbook I have:

LAYER
NAME			"PRECINCTS"
	DATA			"./PRECINCTS.shp"
	STATUS		DEFAULT
	TYPE			POLYGON
	TOLERANCE		3
	CLASSITEM		"NAME"
	LABELITEM		"NAME"

	CLASS
		EXPRESSION 'Orangeville #5.09'
		NAME	'Orangeville #5.09'
			STYLE
				COLOR 255 102 0
				OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 255
				SIZE 2
			END
	      LABEL
	        		TYPE TRUETYPE
	        		FONT vera_sans-bold
	        		SIZE 8
	        		ANTIALIAS true
	        		COLOR 153 0 153
	        		OUTLINECOLOR 254 254 254
	        		BUFFER 3
	        		MINFEATURESIZE auto
	        		PARTIALS FALSE
	        		POSITION ul
  	       END
	END

METADATA
	'identify_record' 'identify_precincts.html'
END

END