[Geomoose-users] Help with Apache setting multiple websites on local machine

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 08:03:27 EDT 2011

Crud, it's a Windows box. :)

Let's try a few simple versions first.  The directory entry looks fine.  But let's first try setting up the basic virtual host:

<VirtualHost *:80>
 DocumentRoot "D:/ms4w/apps/ftmagisapp/htdocs"
</VirtualHost>

Restart Apache and see if you get any changes.

Also, do not fear the error.log and the access.log, they give you a much better idea as to what Apache is doing!

>________________________________

clients.  First I added "127.0.0.1        ftmagisapp" to my hosts
file, then I created one virtual host in the Apache conf file, see code below.

><Directory "D:/ms4w/apps/ftmagisapp/htdocs">
>   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>   AllowOverride All
>   Order allow,deny
>   Allow from all
></Directory>
>
>NameVirtualHost ftmagisapp:80
><VirtualHost ftmagisapp:80>
>   DocumentRoot "/ms4w/apps/ftmagisapp/htdocs"
>   ServerName ftmagisapp
>   ServerAlias ftmagisapp
></VirtualHost>
>
>I restarted Apache, typed the address "http://ftmagisapp/"
into the IE address bar and I get the directory listing for folder D:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs.
Why is it going to that folder?