[Geomoose-users] Help with Apache setting multiple websites on local machine

Ed Boesenberg, III eboesenberg at niraengineers.com
Thu Aug 11 16:34:33 EDT 2011

I am trying to setup different websites for different clients.  First I
added "127.0.0.1        ftmagisapp" to my hosts file, then I created one
virtual host in the Apache conf file, see code below.

<Directory "D:/ms4w/apps/ftmagisapp/htdocs">

   AllowOverride All

   Order allow,deny

   Allow from all

</Directory>

NameVirtualHost ftmagisapp:80

<VirtualHost ftmagisapp:80>

   DocumentRoot "/ms4w/apps/ftmagisapp/htdocs"

   ServerName ftmagisapp

   ServerAlias ftmagisapp

</VirtualHost>

I restarted Apache, typed the address "http://ftmagisapp/" into the IE
address bar and I get the directory listing for folder
D:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs.  Why is it going to that folder?

Thanks,

Ed Boesenberg, III