[Geomoose-users] printing in geomoose

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Fri Dec 9 14:00:53 EST 2011

Melicherr,

> Hi, i am having problems with geomoose 2.4 printing. When trying to print
> openstreet maps or google maps, i get just blank pdf, jpg and html, but in

What happens when you print other layers?  Try just one MapServer
based layer.  Does that work?

> apache2 error log i have got some weird messages. and when i try to print
> anything with some layers that i got from connected geoserver, it throws
> same errors, but in the jpg and pdf and html(still jpg) there is something
> about wrong bbox envelope... can anyone help me, pls? i have geomoose,

Yes, there is something wrong with the bounding box.  It is requesting
an area of zero.  I'm not sure which configuration would lead to a
request of no area.  The error references coordinates like 1,607,164
is that number in the correct range of values for your coordinate
system and where you are trying to print?

> geoserver and it seems mapserver with phpmapscript installed on ubuntu
> server.
> pls, check error.log of apache2, and pdf i got after printing anything with
> layers directly from my instance geoserver...
> http://geomoose-users.964460.n3.nabble.com/file/n3572984/download.php.jpg
> http://geomoose-users.964460.n3.nabble.com/file/n3572984/error.log.TXT
> error.log.TXT

[Fri Dec 09 14:27:53 2011] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: mode
in /opt/geomoose2/htdocs/php/print.php on line 44
[Fri Dec 09 14:27:53 2011] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:
padding in /opt/geomoose2/htdocs/php/print.php on line 45
[Fri Dec 09 14:27:53 2011] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: units
in /opt/geomoose2/htdocs/php/print.php on line 47
[Fri Dec 09 14:27:53 2011] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:
vector in /opt/geomoose2/htdocs/php/print.php on line 79

Looking at the code in print.php on those lines:

/*
 * This gets us all the basic information we need
 * to crank out a PDF
 */

#$layers = explode(':', $_REQUEST['layers']);
$mode = $_REQUEST['mode'];
$padding = $_REQUEST['padding'];
$extent = explode(',', $_REQUEST['extent']);
$units = $_REQUEST['units'];
if(!isset($units)) {
	$units = 'm';
}

This looks like it is not finding those index items in the $_REQUEST
array.  This is probably the cause of all the other problems.  You can
try tracing backwards from here to try and find it.

[Fri Dec 09 14:27:53 2011] [error] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in
/opt/geomoose2/htdocs/php/print.php on line 286

Here is line 286:  $scale = 1.0 / ($normScale * $inches_per_unit * $dpi);
Somehow (perhaps related to the previous errors) at least one of
$normScale,  $inches_per_unit, or $dpi has a value of 0.

I hope that this at least helps start the troubleshooting.

Best Regards, Eli