[Geomoose-users] Printing with sketches

Jeffrey Schmitz jeffreykschmitz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:28:15 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

I am having issues with printing while having shapes (polygons, lines or
points) drawn on the map. I have narrowed the issue down to a line in
print_util.php but I can't see what the issue is. In the section: "# now add
the sketches on top of the map..." around line 214 it enters a for loop
where a new Map Object is created using the following line:

$sketch_map = ms_newMapObj('print/print_shape.map',$CONFIGURATION['root']);

This seems to not be creating a valid map object because any attempt to call
one of the map object methods on $sketch_map fails. The line it fails on in
print_util is:

$sketch_map->setExtent($extent[0], $extent[1], $extent[2], $extent[3]);

but I also tried echo $sketch_map->getNumSymbols(); which fails.

I have checked to be sure that print_shape.map is in the correct location,
and even changed the constructor's input to use and explicit full path to
the file:

$sketch_map =
ms_newMapObj("C:\ms4w\apps\maps.development\htdocs\php\print\print_shape.map");

which has also not worked. Does anyone have any expierience with this issue,
or know why creating the Map Object with ms_newMapObj would be failing? Any
help to debug this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff