[Geomoose-users] KML Files

Brian Fischer bfischer at houstoneng.com
Mon Jan 24 21:34:38 EST 2011

GeoMOOSE doesn't support rendering KML layers on it's own, but you could use a MapServer layer type in GeoMOOSE to do this.  MapServer supports rendering KML files, see http://mapserver.org/input/vector/kml.html for more information.

Another way to do this would be to write your own javascript code to render the KML files on the client side.  OpenLayers currently support this.  This would probably be the more difficult route to go down.  http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers/Format/KML-js.html

Brian Fischer, CFM  GIS Manager
Houston Engineering, Inc.