[Geomoose-users] PSC Update: Progress on Versioned Docs

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:07:17 EST 2011

Personally, I would like to see SVN reorganized to follow the general
standard form for /trunk /branches and /tags.  Besides being less confusing
for developers from other projects, this will make use of hg/git/bzr as
clients to the svn repository much easier for those who like to develop
offline or maintain site-specific local branches.  I'm thinking the best
time to do this is when the repository is moved over to OSGEO hosting from
SF.net, since everyone will need to switch or re-checkout anyway.

I'm thinking something along the lines of
/moose
 /trunk
 /branches
 /tags
  /1.0
  /1.1
  /1.4
  /1.6 (this currently doesn't exist in SVN, but IIRC we released it)
/moose2
 /trunk
 /branches (used to add changes to older version of the code like the 2.4.1
fixes we've been discussing)
  /2.0
  /2.2 (also not currently in SVN)
  /2.4
 /tags (the rule is if it gets released, it gets tagged)
  /2.0
  /2.2 (also not currently in SVN)
  /2.4
  /2.4.1
  /current

As far as I know, my /moose2-branches/url_mapbook-jk is way out of date and
doesn't have value anymore and can be deleted.  I'm not sure what
/sandbox-len is?