[Geomoose-users] select_custom.php and select_followup service- selecting too many things when table closed

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Oct 24 20:21:38 EDT 2011

Bob,

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Bob Bistrais <Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov>wrote:

>  I’m building a GeoMoose app which uses a line shapefile as my main data
> layer.  I’ve been modifying the select_custom.php and related code to work
> with it.  I got things to work correctly with a basic select.  When I click
> the button to open the table of results, it opens properly.  So far so
> good.  Here’s where things get strange:****
>
> ** **
>
> When I click the red x button to close the table, the result displays in
> the Results tab again, but now, adjacent line segments are selected.  If I
> open the table again, attributes for those new segemtns are displayed.
> Close the table again, and even more adjacent segments get selected.

I think that it does an intersect of (center or perhaps end?) points back
with the original layer.  In the some data cases, this selects additional
features.  I think that you found it worked correctly for non-overlapping
polygons, try it with polygons that overlap and you should observe the same
behavior I think.  This could perhaps be addressed by passing feature IDs,
JSON, GeoJSON or something else between the table and the Results tab.

Eli