[Geomoose-users] Culling Trac

Anderson, Dean anderson.dean at co.polk.or.us
Wed Sep 21 15:57:35 EDT 2011

Additional Comments

I like what is there so far and feel the decision making process for project
proposals for committing code are right on. However, I would like to do the
following:

1. Change the "detailed process" section to be "detailed code change
process".

2. Change the first line from "proposals are written" to be "Proposals for
code change are written"

Rational: I know you folks are very up on the process. But the GeoMoose
membership may not be.

3. Add a section on "code management"

--> This section will describe where/how the code is maintained.
--> It should also include how code standards will be developed and
maintained.

4. Add a section on "reporting bugs and enhancements"

This section will describe how users will report bugs and enhancements

5.  Add to the "detailed code change process" section references to the
other changes.

Rational: This process will explicitly tie the life cyle of managing the
code clearly for any GeoMoose Member.

6. Add a very short bullet to the "detailed code change process" that
includes a minimum list of what project proposals must include.

Rational: I have had experiance with other open source groups where some
members do not clearly state what their proposals are and it just adds
confusion to the process and slows it down.

Hope this helps - Please give me a call if you have any questions.

Dean Anderson