[Geomoose-users] Setting initial conditions

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Apr 17 17:39:00 EDT 2012

Looks like I have a need to set an initial condition for my GeoMoose
v2.4 site based on URL request values (these URLs are presented in a
Django-generated page from a database query).

There already are a couple of ways to set initial values in GeoMoose:

1. Specifying a Startup Service
(http://www.geomoose.org/howto/startup.html)

geomoose.html?call=set_image&fid=10&image_id=20

2. Bookmarks (hey, where's the Bookmark doc?)

geomoose.html?extent=-2530013,12782588,-2028586,13213082&on=Icebergs/all

But instead of the above scenarios, I want to call a JavaScript function
(in my user extension) to programmatically select an item in the ZoomTo
combo box, something like:

geomoose.html?UX_call=set_combobox&image_id=20

Note that I keep the id in the value tag of the combo box options:
<option value="10">

I'm thinking of adding some code to the end of "onLoadedMapbook" to
mimic the GeoMOOSE.startService call:

     var args = OpenLayers.Util.getParameters();
     if(args.call) {
         GeoMOOSE.startService(args.call, args, true);
     }

something like:
     var args = OpenLayers.Util.getParameters();
     if(args.UX_call) {
         eval(args.UX_call+'('+args+')');
     }

But perhaps a Service with a user input type pointing to a user
extension with a "setValue" function would work with a startupService...

Maybe I'm making this too difficult.  Any advice?