[Geomoose-users] TEST - Setting up GeoMoose on Ubuntu 11.10 - NOTES

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 11:54:53 EDT 2012

Do you have diff or rst files for doc updates?

 notes as appropriate to the LINUX install page, any problems with that from anyone?  I think I'll key these notes as UBUNTU 11.10 as well, where that applies.Oh, and here is the running product: http://108.166.85.170/geomoose/geomoose.htmlSome additional notes on the GM interface:*** is the Google layer popup required for every navigation action?  The popup display for every zoom pan operation for any of the Google Layers.*** I had some feedback from a couple of users as well.      *** The metadats links (Binoc's Icon), can they point to some real looking metadata instead of www.geomoose.org (I'm willing to put something together for this)    *** the USGS TOPO QUADS are real slow to load, Can we add in a "(slow)" tag to the layer name for this layer?  I know it's an offsite link.  Or perhaps a Metadata link could indicate this in some way.    *** Is the rest example supposed to build a Legend icon out of the basemap when turned
 on?    *** The Yahoo layers don't seem to work at the bottom levels correctly?bobb