[Geomoose-users] Unable to implement select feature service

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Dec 10 08:18:06 PST 2012

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Lin, Joyce <Joyce.Lin at pxd.com> wrote:

>  Hello,****
>
> ** **
>
> I need help with configuring the select feature for a layer. I have a
> “Lease” shape file store in data folder stored at C:\Data\Lease\****

Using a different location means that you will have to configure Apache to
make that directory web accessible and update local_settings.ini in conf
directory.  If you are using MS4W, it might be easier to use the
'preconfigured' location (C:\ms4w\apps\geomoose2\maps... I think)

> ** **
>
> Following the implementer documentation of GeoMoose ****
>
> **1.       **I moved everything under parcel demo in “maps/demo/parcels/templates”
> to C:\Data\Lease\tamplates****
>
> ** **
>
> **2.       **Modify select result to be as below****
>
> <!-- MapServer Template -->****

> ** **
>
> **3.       **Modify Mapserver Mapfile****
>
> ** **
>
> LAYER****
>
>               NAME Lease****
>
>               DATA './Lease.shp'****
>
>               ………****
>
> ** **
>
>               ****
>
>      PROJECTION ****
>
>          'init=epsg:32040' ****
>
>      END ****
>
> ** **
>
> METADATA****
>
>                      # drill-down identify service record.****
>
>                      'identify_record'    'templates/identify.html'****
>
> ** **
>
>                      # query.php / "Search Lease" functionality.****
>
>                      'itemquery'   'templates/search_result.html'****
>
>                      'itemquery-filter'   '/.*[qstring].*/i' ****
>
>                      'qstring_validation_pattern' '.'****
>
>                      ****
>
>                      # Feature reports are stored in the
> conf/feature_report directory.****
>
>                      'feature_report' 'Lease.xml'****
>
> ** **
>
>                     'select_record'      'templates/select_result.html'***
> *
>
>                      'select_header' 'templates/select_header.html'****
>
>                      'popups' 'Lease_popup.html'****
>
>               END****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> **4.  **Modify mapbook.xml****
>
>                      <input type="select" name="select_layer" title="Select
> features from:">****
>
>                            <option value="parcels/parcels">Parcels</option
> >****
>
>                            <option value="/Data/Lease/Lease">Lease</option
> >****
>
>                      </input>****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> I did all these steps…. But when I select features on my lease layer, it
> stuck at “Loading” and nothing was returning.  Could someone advise what I
> am overlooking?

Does the data display?  If the data displays, then the above notes about
configuring web access to the directories probably is not the issue.

Eli