[Geomoose-users] Read values of DropDown List Box

gayani gayani.edirisinghe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 23:58:19 EST 2012

Hi,
I need to add the data to dropdown list box from a results of database
query.  Then users are allowed to selected a one from the list (in dropdown
list box).  I did this in PHP.  Then, it is needed to pass the user selected
value to next php page.  In geomoose application this should be done through
the mapbook.xml. Isnt it?

The problem is, unable to read the user selected value by the php program in
same location.  The sample code is as follows.

<select name=’province’ onchange=”&lt;?php print
“javascript:GeoMOOSE.startService(‘xmlService’,{variable:&lt;b>user_selection*}”?>”>
<option value=$row[‘id’]>$row[‘name’] </option>
</select>

Here I need to a value for user_selection.  How can I do this?  Can you
please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks Gayani