[Geomoose-users] Identify a Layer

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Wed Mar 21 11:40:00 EDT 2012

Without seeing your code, of course, it's anyone's guess. But here's a
few things to look for:

The .map file for any layer you want to Identify should have a line in
the metadata section:
"identify_record" "select_mylayer.html"	--substitute your layer name for
mylayer

You should also name the fields you want to identify, also in the
metadata section:

"fields" "(list of the fields, separated by commas)"

Is the layer you are identifying visible?  By default, layers not
visible (either turned off, or not within scale range) will not
Identify.

The identify html file should have a format like this, for each item you
want to show:

Finally, are you testing with FireFox with the Firebug extension?  This
is a useful tool to diagnose your application.

-Bob