[Geomoose-users] Identify tool

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Nov 15 07:30:44 PST 2012

Getting Info to work can be a pain.

1. Since GeoMoose uses mapscript for getting info, the LAYER object in
your mapfile must have:
        METADATA
            'identify_record' 'templates/identify.html'
END
The path is relative to the file system location of your mapfile.

Also add the following to the LAYER:
TOLERANCE 0  # use 0 for TYPE POLYGON
           TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS

2. Your info template file must contain this as a first line:
     <!-- MapServer Template -->

3. The EXTENT in your mapfile's MAP object will act as a spatial
filter.  Only objects inside/intersecting with the EXTENT will be returned.