[Geomoose-users] multiple applications from same GeoMoose code

giswerk at gis-ma.org giswerk at gis-ma.org
Fri Nov 30 09:22:25 PST 2012

Hi,

du to the fact that I want to deliver user specific analysis results
on a daily base (local avalanche risk calculations) I use a very
straightforward workaround:

1) ask user to register (simple form with lightweight database)
2) generate for the specific session a user_SessionID  of the type
(as an example: pan271112_107111_472245)
3) using the user_SessionID a python based analysis script is running
on the server (dealing with the calculations etc.) that finally
generates <user_SessionID_geomoose.html> <user_SessionID_settings.ini>
and <userIDmapbook.xml> and redirects the corresponding user to his
"personal" geomoose session

I know about the conceptual, security and performance shortcomings -
but nevertheless it works....

At least for  this kind of use cases I would really appreciate the
integration of personalized sessions. If possible I would also
contribute in any way...

best regards Chris